Monday, September 9, 2013

Staircase Makeover

Forever making changes to our home and that is the fun and creative part.  The curved staircase is one of my favorite features in this house, but it has been a little challenging for me to decorate over the years.  November and December are easy because the space is perfect for the Christmas tree.  January to October, hmmm . . . .



This weekend I finally hung some mirrors on the wall.  I tried one large starburst mirror at first, but it wouldn't hang because of the curve and where the hook needed to be, so I ended up using a trio of smaller mirrors.  (On a side note, talk about starburst mirror crazy- I realized I have two in our bedroom, one in the half bath, and now three here.)









I had the blue/greyish settee from Target for a long time, but recently covered it with our Ikea throw and added some patterned pillows.  This geometric rug wasn't being used, so I added it for some fun pattern play.  I love the pop of green that the plant brings- the tag says it requires bright light so I've been moving it to the dining room window sometimes.  It seems to be doing okay for now.  The woven basket is from HomeGoods. 










I already had the mirrors and was going to put them over the headboard in the guest room.  The far left mirror I had spray painted gold, then painted black when I decided to use it here.  I think they are all from Target.  The smaller one comes in a pack of two.  Seeing them photographed makes me think I need to play with the arrangement a little more. 










The rug was also a HomeGoods find.  It may be too busy, but I'm working with what I have for now. 










The Nate Burkus lamp is from Target also and the side table is Overstock.  What do you think of this little makeover?  










I hope you have a great week!  I think I finally figured out how to make TWITTER more enjoyable for me by finding some new friends over the weekend.  If you want to follow me, I'm @honeywerehome





* * * * *