Monday, September 30, 2013

Pretty Pumpkins // Decorating Pumpkins without Carving




The end of the year is almost upon us! Who else is surprised that tomorrow is October? Here in Houston, we are anxiously awaiting that first cool front, and our temperatures are expected to drop 10 degrees this weekend! 



As a kid, I remember going to the pumpkin patch this time of year with my family and picking out the perfect pumpkin and coming home and carving it with my Dad.  He would carefully cut the top off in a perfect circle and my brothers and I would dig out the guts and seeds.  Gooey goodness.  My Dad is an artist and so good at carving very creative faces into pumpkins.  I'm not so good.  I still think carving is a fun thing for the kiddos, but these days, I'm really intrigued by the painted and embellished pumpkins.  



I love the different colors, patterns, and designs I'm seeing along with the typography pumpkins.  With paint, your pumpkin becomes a blank canvas that you can use to display your personality and particular design aesthetic. I've seen pumpkins colored with craft paint, spray paint, milk paint- you name it- and all colors of the rainbow. Glitter, nailhead trim, beads, sequins, and thumbtacks all become proper accessories for pumpkins. 













































































* * * * * 





Are y'all carving or painting pumpkins this year?





* * * * * 





On Honey We're Healthy today:  Slow Cooker Lentil Soup