Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Organized Magazines


There's only a couple more things to do in my office before a tour of the whole room is in order.  Last week, I showed you how I recovered my aqua magazine holders with gift wrap and now I've updated them with bookplate labels. The aqua wasn't quite right for my new color scheme and I'm a huge fan of the Rifle paper I used. 





I'm big on magazines, especially in the summer because I'll take them to the pool, flip through during long cardio sessions at the gym, or for easy reading before bed. Most of my magazines are given to a friend after I read, but I save certain subscriptions, like Oprah, House Beautiful and Martha Stewart Living to keep for future reference.  Now, I've got them all organized and labeled in my office bookshelf.














I bought inexpensive, metal bookplates from Michael's and they are adhesive so they stick right onto the magazine files. I used washi tape (gold dots and stripes) over the labels that came with the bookplates and printed "HB" and "Living" with my labeler.  These bookplates could be spray-painted another color if you wanted something different.









I'm so happy with the result!










Do you keep any of your magazines?  If so, how do you store them?





* * * * * 





Head over to Honey We're Healthy if you need some tough love today.





You can follow Honey We're Home on FACEBOOK & PINTEREST too.





* * * * *


I'm sharing this post with Jen at I Heart Organizing.