Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Fall Decor // Console Styling


Year after year, as we decorate our homes for the changing seasons, we learn more about our style and perhaps ourselves.  What do we want our homes to say, what feeling do we want to convey?  If you're a funky and colorful type of person, I bet your home reflects that.  Are you more modern or traditional?  I'm sure those elements creep into your home design too.  I keep coming back to inviting and simple decor.  I lean toward uncomplicated spaces with a coziness to them.  I tried to accomplish that with the addition of some Fall decor in our dining room- not that we're seeing anything near Fall temperatures here in Houston.  I started my Fall decorating with the console table that I recently got from World Market.









I knew I wanted natural elements in the decor, so I bought some leafy branches from the grocery store.   Unfortunately, clippings from our yard aren't that pretty.  The faux feathers in a candle holder round out the trio of vases in Fall-like colors.  I like all the different heights and shapes.  I'm always fond of creamy or white pumpkins, and this ceramic one works perfectly with the cream colored lamps. 










On the bottom shelf, I used the same basket that was there before, just switching out the pillows and adding a green ombre throw blanket.  










I like the calming color scheme here and had to remind myself I don't have to do Fall with the typical orangey-reds, although I do like that combo.



















A wooden bowl full of corks from wine enjoyed over the years is a personal touch I like.  














Are you pulling out the Fall decor in your house? 














Here is the SOURCE LIST:





CONSOLE TABLE // World Market 


GOLD VASE, GREEN VASE, WOVEN BASKET // HomeGoods


LAMPS, WHITE PUMPKINS // Hobby Lobby


GOLD PILLOW, GOLD VOTIVE HOLDER // Target


GREEN THROW // West Elm


RUG // Pottery Barn (similar)



GEOMETRIC PILLOWS IN CHAIR // Etsy Festive Home Decor


GEOMETRIC FABRIC FOR PILLOW IN BASKET // High Fashion Home, Dwell Studio Fabric 


WOODEN BOWL // HomeGoods???





* * * * * 





*Linking this post to Centsational Girl and Whipperberry.





* * * * * 


On Honey We're Healthy:  Essential Daily Vitamins for Women