Monday, September 16, 2013

Leopard Fabric Pumpkin


We're starting to see pumpkins piling up outside the grocery store- guess Fall is upon us!  I always get a kick out of how many varieties there are and especially love the miniature ones. 













I had plans for this big guy though- I wanted to turn him into a leopard fabric pumpkin, kinda like those plushy velvet ones I've seen in years' past.  I had leopard fabric left over from my wooden stool project.












I had my doubts as to how this was going to turn out.  After I finished wrapping the pumpkin in fabric, the stem was too short to be seen,  and it didn't look very pumpkin-y, more like a bowling ball.  So, I created a stem, improvising with a cardboard toilet paper roll and some tree bark.









I used spray adhesive to adhere the bark to the cardboard roll, then added one real green leaf and a fake gold leaf.









I think adding those natural elements helped make it look more like a pumpkin.










I've got the leopard pumpkin sitting in our entryway for now, next to one of the velvety kind that I found at Hobby Lobby. 







I want to try some other fabrics, but this is a start!












Have a great week friends!





* * * * *