Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas Tree Link Party

Hi all!  Welcome to our Holiday Cheer link party- Christmas Tree edition!  Our tree is strung with red wooden garland, white lights, and an array of red, pink, aqua, and green ornaments.  This is a bit of a departure for me, but I like how it turned out.









My favorite ornament this year is from Crate & Barrel- the colors and shape are so pretty!


















Having no proper mantle, I hung our stockings on the iron scroll on our stairs and you can see our tree in the background.  Of course, the "love" one is mine, and "joy" belongs to James. I've been looking for a Mickey or Elmo or a more toddler-like stocking for him, but haven't found one yet. 





















It's nice how our leaning mirror reflects the tree when you enter our home. 










This adorable fabric wreath is a new find from Lowe's.  Don't overlook the hardware stores for holiday decor, they have some great stuff!










And over the weekend, I attempted some Christmas tree Bokeh!  I'll share with you tomorrow how I took these photos and got the bokeh behind the stockings also. 



















This year, we bought a 3 foot real tree for our son's room.  The tree is cute, but loses more and more needles by the day.  By Christmas, I anticipate we'll have just the trunk! We strung the pom pom garland we made, and he put most of the ornaments on by himself.


















I love how little kids cluster all the ornaments together.  I left them that way since it's his tree and it makes me smile every time I see it.





















                       Our 2010 Christmas Tree                                        Our 2011 Christmas Tree





Now it's your turn!  Show us your Christmas trees here and please grab a button!