Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas Dining Room


Our Holiday Cheer link party continues today with Courtney (A Thoughtful Place) featuring vignettes (tablescapes and decor are okay too) and I wanted to go ahead and show you our dining room with splashes of red, white, and black.  The inspiration began with the black and white pillow covers I found on etsy back in August.   I dig the geometric pattern and felt they worked with our drapes and could be used in other rooms in our house (living room/guest room/or my office) later.  Things have a way of moving around pretty often here.  Do you do that too? 










In the dining room, I arranged a collection of things we already had on hand like the Hobby Lobby lanterns, mercury glass candleholders, and birds on top of a black cabinet.  





I'm also loving wreaths hung on mirrors this year.  You can see in the picture below we used a suction cup hook  ($2 at WalMart for the large) to hold the wreath and it hasn't budged.  













I made an advent calendar last year with the tags below, but this year just put the tags out in a glass bowl.  I like seeing them piled up this way with the cute washi tape and baker's twine.  We have been terrible this year at keeping up with each day, instead just doing things at random.  Decorating that Gingerbread house still needs to happen . . .












These little birds have gone from black (originally) to gold and now bright red. We'll see what color they end up next.   The fun polka dot fabric is the same one I used in the Pottery Barn challenge.  













The swag was already assembled with the pinecones and berries, I just added in a couple of red ornaments. 















And a single "snowflake" hangs from the chandelier.  Sweet simplicity. 










I'm looking forward to seeing your Christmas vignettes/tables/decor at A Thoughtful Place.  Please grab a button!










* * * * *