Wednesday, August 22, 2012

James and the Water Slide (Age 2 1/2)

There's just something about a mama and her little boy.  My 2 1/2 year old son has my whole heart, big time.  He's a wild little adventurer, with a super sweet heart and big vocabulary.  He loves to sing loud, mouth wide open and play the guitar like a rock star.  More and more he craves freedom and independence and I hear lots of "I do it." So I let him- most of the time.  In the morning, I patiently hold my hands in my lap while he struggles to get dressed by himself.  I wait for his request, "Help me" before I pull up the zipper he hasn't quite mastered or when his head gets stuck in the arm hole.  But he's learning and wants to try and I'm so proud of him.



He loves to be like the big boys whenever we are around the big boys.  We went to a friend's birthday party recently and he wanted to go down the water slide.  By himself.   The slide was huge and it was a big effort for a little guy.









First he had to climb up the slippery slope into the bouncy part.























Then he had to grab onto straps to pull himself up onto the ladder that led to the slide.  I waited and waited to see that little wet head pop up. 









He pulled himself up- so exciting!









Climbed onto the slide.









Ready, set . . .









Go!









Wheee!!!









I just love it!  He's having so.much.fun.  And that makes mama happy.  









"Let's do it again!"  He must have went down that slide 50 times. 









And then there was cake.  I like to see that parts of him are like parts of me.  Even if they are the parts that like chocolate cake. 










* * * * *