Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Summer Sangria

Did you get to enjoy a long Memorial Day weekend?  We took a quick road trip to Austin and visited some friends and their adorable little 14-month old daughter.  And if that wasn't enough, we went to a baby shower wherein the parents-to-be are expecting a baby girl in August.  Playing with that little sweetie and shopping for baby things almost gave me baby fever:)



But, since I'm not with child, nor planning to be anytime soon, let's turn our attention to an adult beverage I'd like to see in my future! Perhaps next weekend?








I saw those gorgeous photos on Pinterest, and found the recipe at Treehugger.com, (photos and recipe courtesy of Jamie Heimbuch).   I was surprised to see her list of ingredients called for one serrano pepper (I guess for a little kick).  I'm anxious to try it.   Sangria just says casual summer afternoon/evening to me. Wine and fruit- what could be better?!  Do you have a favorite Sangria recipe to share?