Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Cowhide Rug LOVE (Our Updated Living Room)

For about a year now, I've been wanting to add a cowhide rug to our living room, collecting images on Pinterest, and generally swooning every time I saw one layered over a natural rug.  After I bought a round rug for under our stairs, and two new runners for the kitchen, my husband was teasing over the weekend and said, "We have so many rugs, we now have a rug on a rug!"  Yes, that's true.  I've been doing everything I can (short of buying this beauty) to try to obscure the baby-safe ottoman we have now:)  I think the layered rug, or "rug on a rug" helps:)









I knew I wanted a light cowhide rug as opposed to black and white, and found one recently for a decent price at Z Gallerie.  It's so soft and gorgeous in person, but not nearly as gray as the Z Gallerie online picture.  It's more greige and cream. 









Speaking of rugs, the rug our cowhide rests on was an investment I'm so glad I made.  I still love this chevron patterned natural fiber rug from Crate & Barrel.  It was one of the first big purchases I made for our new home when we moved in two years ago and I'm still crazy about it.  It's really soft and we haven't had any problem with stains yet. 









And since I had my camera out, I thought I'd show you that our Fiddle Leaf Fig is still thriving.  I check the water level once a week, but have only watered it once or twice (in a month).  It arrived very well-watered and I've been told that if it isn't in direct sunlight, it won't drink as much, and overwatering is bad.  















And if you read yesterday's post, you know I'm adding pops of the color lime everywhere.  The apples in this silver bowl are helping add energy to the room, instead of beige overload.  I'd like to also add a couple more colorful pillows to the sofa, but I'm pretty content with what we have now. 



















The pillows above are from Home Goods (the lettered one) and Crate & Barrel (the Ikat one).





And I just couldn't resist giving you a glimpse of the rest of the room, part of our real life, lest you think that a toddler doesn't also share this living room:)











* * * * * *


Sharing with Sarah!