Monday, May 21, 2012

Our Master Bedroom (In Progress & Plans)






Don't they say that your bedroom should be your sanctuary, a place where you can go to relax and rejuvenate at the end of the day?  I think our bedroom is on it's way-although it's still got a way to go.  Today, I'm showing you how the room looks to date, and discussing some of my future plans.  



We made a lot of progress when we swapped out our dark leather bed for a fabric upholstered bed with nailhead trim from Overstock.com.  I framed pages of a botanical art book to create the art on the far right wall.





I showed you a glimpse into this room before, but couldn't really get a good shot without a wide-angle lens.  I was lucky enough to get one for Mother's Day, so I hope to show you more wide shots of our home in the future.  For example, here's the view to the sitting room.  I'm thinking a large, leaning mirror would be pretty against that blank wall.






Our soothing bedding from Restoration Hardware is still a happy part of the room.  I'd like to layer the bedding a little more in the future.  









Home Goods has helped furnish the space with the mirror above the bed and the mercury glass lamps. 











I like to incorporate books in the decor of every room in our house.  






I made a special purchase - peonies - and couldn't believe how much they bloomed on day two.  Just gorgeous. 




















Also on my wish list for this room is the Colette bench from Crate & Barrel for the foot of the bed and new bedside tables.  I'm considering these, but still looking:








Pottery Barn $399.00 (24" wide x 18" deep x 28" high)




Overstock.com $216.00 (28.5 inches high x 39.5 inches wide x 17.75 inches deep)







West Elm $399 (32 inch diameter x 30 inches high)




Pottery Barn $299 (26" diameter, 24.5" high) 




To give you an idea of the look I'm ultimately going for, you might recall some of my favorite bedrooms:





Love This Life







Ashley Goforth




After looking at the photo above, I got to thinking that maybe I should try moving the round, glass table in our living room to the bedroom and see how that looks.  Don't those tables look similar? 









Always a work in progress!