Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Our Christmas Mantle

I wish I could slow time and freeze these magical days spent with a little baby-turning-toddler running around.  I know I cannot, so I try to savor every moment and soak it all in.  I try not to cram too much into our already busy lives and I try to give him my full attention although I know I often fall short.  But I love each new day and we are really enjoying the holidays over here.  I hope you are too, as imperfect and wonderful as each day may be:)



Today our Christmas Cheer Holiday Link Party is showcasing mantles at Ten June.  Can't wait to see your mantles!





Many of you know we don't have a true "mantle" in our home, but that doesn't stop me from creating "mantlescapes" on a console table or, this year, on a counter in our butler's pantry.  I continued with the metallic theme we've got going on in the stairs and tree and used fresh garland from Lynch Creek Farms after reading the recommendation from Centsational Girl. I like the addition of real greenery, especially since our tree isn't real.





I added some vases of varying sizes for height and scattered ornaments, pinecones and decorative birds. 
The large mercury glass vases are from Home Goods, the tall candle holders are from Target.  




I've had these ceramic birds from Hobby Lobby for ages, but recently spray painted them gold.  I love how easily a shot of spray paint can transform anything. 






Snow and holiday ornaments in a glass vase always looks festive.  I've had the snow for years- I bought it on sale at Pottery Barn after Christmas one year.  I keep reusing it!