Sunday, November 27, 2011

Our Gold Christmas Staircase

Hi everyone!  I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoyed the long weekend.  I spent the better part of Friday and Saturday decorating our home for Christmas and it's feeling quite festive here.  I went with a metallic gold and silver color scheme, which I've never done before, and I really like it.  Today, I'm sharing how our staircase turned out.



If you follow me on Twitter, you know that on Saturday night I about gave up on these stairs in the middle of it because I thought it was looking terrible.  But, I got some words of encouragement from Courtney (Courtney Out Loud) that were much appreciated.  I'm glad I stuck with it!













 I used garland from WalMart (the same garland I used last year) and then added the string of gold beads from Hobby Lobby.  






The gold bells were also found at Hobby Lobby.  










I added decorative snowflakes and star ornaments that my mom gave me.  The pine cones provide a natural element. 


















And now the tree is up where the chair and table were:)  If you'd like to look at last year's stairs, you can go HERE.



********


Thank you to everyone who entered the RoRo's CinnARolls giveaway.  The WINNER is:




And don't forget to link up your holiday craft with Cassie (Hi Sugarplum) tomorrow:)