Tuesday, November 22, 2011

DIY Jewelry Storage

I'm back with another storage solution for your jewelry, specifically, the necklaces.  I don't know about you, but for me, if I can't see my necklaces at a glance, I'm much less likely to wear them.  I had a behind-the-closet-door storage system that worked really well . . . pre-baby.  Now, one of my son's favorite things is to pull the necklaces he can reach off the wall.  So, I needed to get them higher.





I wasn't sure if my idea was going to work, so I didn't photograph it step-by-step, but all I did was apply my pretty paper to a piece of foam board and attach pushpins at the top to hang the necklaces on.  (The pins actually poke through to the other side- you could obviously use a cork board too, but so far, my pins are staying strong).




WalMart had a really cute selection of push pins in different sizes and colors (hot and pale pink, light and dark aqua).  I chose the shiny silver here.  






Now I can see my most favorite necklaces right where I get ready in the morning. 




Since I had a shelf handy, I added my watches and some bracelets too (contained in bowls from Anthropologie).












*******


Also, over on my friend Chassity's blog (Look, Linger, Love) she is sharing a sale of artwork created personally by Sally King Benedict.  Visit Look, Linger, Love to order:)