Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thankful Tree


Creating a "thankful tree" this time of year is really popular because it's such a good visual reminder of how blessed we all are and so simple to do.













For ours, I created hand-written blessings with chalk label tags and a gold marker.  I asked everyone what they were thankful for and recorded the responses. My 3-year-old is thankful for, "Darth Maul lightsaber, Christmas trees, and friends."  He also drew something, but I'm not sure what it is.









I hung the labels on faux branches inside a Pottery Barn Urn. To keep the branches upright where I wanted them, I stuck them inside a floral foam block.




















The little fox I spray painted gold is still around. I'm sure he'll show up in the Christmas decor too. :)










Are y'all doing a thankful tree in your house?  In addition to the first things that come to mind when I count my blessings - health, family, friends, and my home - I thought it would be fun to continue adding to the tree until Thanksgiving.  I'll be adding things like a cozy bed, my morning coffee, the steam room at my gym, and sleeping in.  












__________________________







You can enter the Gilded Mint Giveaway HERE.





__________________________





On Honey We're Healthy:  My Top 3 "Eat Clean" Meals