Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Houston Boot Camp

If you've been reading my blog or following me on Twitter, you know that over the last year I've struggled to lose the 50ish pounds I gained during my pregnancy.  For a woman that's just 5'1, I couldn't wait to drop those extra pounds and it's taken me nearly a year and a half to do it!  


A gorgeous blogging buddy from Houston invited me to participate in a boot camp, Houston Area Adventure Boot Camp, the longest-running boot camp in the Houston area.  Over the last seven years they have helped more then 5200 people achieve their fitness goals.  I immediately knew I wanted to bring my girlfriend (and workout partner since college) since she's always up for these types of adventures.


We showed up just before the class was about to start at 6:30 p.m. (although they offer morning classes too), with the Houston heat not letting up a bit.  Neither of us had done a boot camp before, so we didn't know what to expect.  Immediately, we met the awesome trainer, TJ, and two other women, who made us feel right at home.  Here we are with TJ:)




This class kicked our butt!  We did drills where we had to pick up a poker chip, run up a hill to find out what exercise corresponded to the chip, run back down the hill, ultimately doing 15-30 repetitions of 30 exercises.  OUCH!  We were sweating and panting and our heart rates were UP for the entire hour!  TJ was so encouraging and helpful and FUN!  They played hip hop music and the other people in the class were super sweet.  It's easy to make friends when you're all commiserating from running up that dang hill and doing your 50th pushup!





Just before class ended, my girlfriend became the photographer and shot some pics so I could show you.





Isn't it a pretty park where the class is held? So nice to get outside after a long day at the office.


And I LOVE that my single girl snapped a pic of the hot guy! I laughed so hard when I saw this pic on my camera! :)  Get fit and meet men- perfect for you single ladies!!





*******




If you're interested in attending a class, here's their contact info:





********


p.s. It's my friend Lily's ONE year blogging birthday!  I know she'd LOVE it if you'd stop by and say hi!