I'm no seamstress, but I figured I could try what Amanda Carol did and buy three curtains, and use the third one for added length. She chose the gorgeous grey and white for her office.
Here are how my blue and white drapes turned out in James' room after I lined and hemmed them.
For the lining, I figured I'd use a lightweight fabric shower curtain liner so the width would match and it would be less expensive than fabric. They do not cover the length of the drapes, just about below the window sill.
I simply stitched them along the top of the drapes, just below the rod pocket I made by folding over about 4 inches of fabric on top.
I used white rope and an inexpensive wall hook as a tie back so the room can still receive lots of sunlight. On the picture below, you can also see where I added the extra fabric to the drapes. I tried to line up the stripes so the width of the stripes would be about the same, but it's not perfect. Also, I should have used blue thread so you couldn't see the seam as well.
I ordered these curtains from the store and they were on backorder forever. While on backorder, we received the canopy, which was way too much horizontal stripe action for the room. So, the canopy is going to live in the playroom-that-was-intended-to-be-a-media-room (it will fit better in there too) and James will have more room to move around in his bedroom now.
This shower curtain also comes in yellow and white stripe which would make a pretty happy bathroom!
* * * * *