Sunday, August 11, 2013

Blog Friends

My friend Cassie (Hi Sugarplum) is the first "blog friend" I made, and when I was on my way to meet her in person for the first time, it felt like I was driving to an internet blind date.  But, we hit it off right away -- it's impossible not to immediately like her -- she is genuine and smart and too cute for words.  Even though she is really funny and witty, she is also someone you can be completely honest and real with.  I've come to truly appreciate our friendship and her point of view/support when I need it.  Nearly three years later, we've managed to get together a few more times, although we live in different cities. Cassie stopped by this weekend on her way to Galveston, which is where James and I will be hanging out with her and her sweet kiddos today!







Also, I get to play Cassie's 20 Questions on her blog today, where you can find out some random things about me like my height, high school jam, and totally inane talent (hint: it involves my feet:)



P.S. Did I mention Cassie's kitchen is in BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS right now?!  It's the Kitchen and Bath special issue publication on sale through winter.  I couldn't help but tell the cashier, "My friend is in this magazine!"  She got all excited too and had me show her! :)







I hope you enjoy your Monday! I'll be back soon to show you how my dark grey hallway doors and striped foyer turned out.  I've been on a painting kick lately - if you follow me on Instagram (@honeywerehome), you can see some sneak peeks!




* * * * *