Sunday, November 11, 2012

Painted Closet Island

Last weekend, when I painted our half-bath door, I also painted the island in my closet.  It needed touching up from all the scuff marks.  I originally planned to paint it grey, and at the last minute chose a glossy light pink.  I figured why not- and thought it would look good with the Lucia chandelier.  It's very subtle, but I'm not sure I'm sold on it.



Right before moving in, the closet looked like the picture below.  It's all painted Sherwin Williams Divine White (flat).














Here's how the island looks in light pink and with the runner removed.  



















Over the last few weeks, I've been on a deep-cleaning closet organization binge.  I have tried on almost everything I own (including shoes), and am being ruthless when it comes to editing out what doesn't fit, I haven't worn in years, or I just don't like.  I've given bundles of clothing, shoes, jewelry, and makeup to family and friends.  It's feeling very refreshing to simplify!



I also figured out a new way to organize my belts and jewelry too that I plan to show you soon.  I'll show you the entire closet as soon as I'm finished.




Are you liking the pink??  I love the glossiness, but not sure about the color- the first picture is the truest representation of the shade.  It's Sherwin Williams Venus Pink, acrylic, high gloss.



* * * * *