Tuesday, March 6, 2012

baby james' 2nd birthday party!



Our little guy is officially two years old!  It's amazing to see him grow and change and interact and talk with us.  He learned to answer, "How old are you?" with a proud "Twoooooo!"  He had an Elmo/Sesame Street party since those are some of his favorite pals right now.  We hosted the party at home and had lots of family and friends and little kids over.



The morning of the party, Daddy took James for his first "big boy" haircut.  Up to now, I've done every haircut, but I'm not that good at it.  He came home looking so grown up with his new haircut all styled like Daddy's.  And we couldn't have asked for better weather, warm and sunny.  We rented a bounce house, which was a huge hit with the kiddos and people scattered about the house, inside and out.







I got the Sesame Street party signs from Etsy Shop 11Cupcakes and the invites from Dazzle Expressions.  




I hung brightly colored streamers in our entryway to help the house feel more festive.  (They are still hanging there!)  






I found some primary colored polka dot fabric at Fabric.com for tablecloths.




Most of the party supplies such as napkins, plates and hats came from Arne's.  I made a new striped pom, and reused the red and blue one from a previous Superbowl party.  




Brightly colored flowers from the grocery store!






We snacked on an antipasto platter, caprese skewers, hummus, goldfish and m&m's, ate pizza and salad for lunch and had chocolate covered strawberries, cake and cupcakes for dessert. 










I give credit to our local grocery store for the flowers, cupcakes, and cake.  For the desserts, I brought them a photo I printed from the computer and they pretty much duplicated it.  We took a batch of cupcakes to James school on the Friday before his birthday and got to have a little birthday celebration with his classmates.








Of course, the cake had to be Elmo. I love to hear James say it, "Ellll-moe!"  And he's really cute how he says, "Grow-ver!" and "Big-Berd!"






James sat quietly and intently while he listened to everyone singing "happy birthday."  




Then time to blow out the candle. 




I'm surprised he kept the hat on for as long as he did.  




I found the Elmo t-shirt at WalMart.